Main Line Piano Service has a distinguished history in the Delaware Valley, Philadelphia and Main Line Area. It was started by Webb Phillips in 1970 as the Allied Guild of Piano and Organ Technicians. Allied Piano has been recognized for its expertise in piano service; tuning, repair, humidity control, rebuilding and refinishing. Our Chief Technician is Gregory Phillip Cheng RPT
Gregory Cheng, RPT
Gregory Cheng, RPT is a Registered Piano Technician (RPT) Along with servicing in home customers, concert venues, and universities, Greg also specializes in QRS, Disklavier, Steinway Spirio player systems, rebuilding and polyester/lacquer furniture repair. Greg has completed the CF Theodore Steinway and Sons Factory Training Program, Yamaha’s Piano Service and Disklavier Programs, and has over 20 years experience in customer service and piano technology.
Ruth Zeiner, RPT
Ruth Zeiner, RPT is a Registered Piano Technician (RPT). Ruth has over 40 years experience in piano technology servicing tens of thousands of pianos customers in the Delaware Valley. Ruth has serviced in home customers, concert venues and universities. Ruth also specializes in regulation, rebuilding, polyester / lacquer touch up repairs.
A Registered Piano Technicianis a member of the Piano Technicians Guild. This designation certifies that she has passed a series of 3 rigorous exams in front of a jury on the maintenance, repair and tuning of pianos. Ruth’s professional certifications and experience ensures that your piano will be serviced properly.
All Registered Piano Technicians (RPT) must adhere to the following strict Code of Ethics in order to maintain their RPT status.
Code of Ethics:
1. I will act honorably and in a professional manner.
2. I will uphold the principles of honesty and integrity for which the Piano Technicians Guild stands.
3. I will represent my education, training, experience and area of expertise honestly and accurately.
4. I will uphold the Mission, Objectives and Principles of the Piano Technicians Guild.
5. I will render the best possible service under the circumstances, always keeping the best interests of my client in mind.
6. I will use the name and trademarks of the Piano Technicians Guild properly and will encourage others to do the same.
7. I will strive to upgrade my professional skills and I will encourage and help others to do the same.
8. I will promote good will towards my profession and towards the music industry.
9. I will engage only in business practices that are in accord with the antitrust guidelines as set forth by the Piano Technicians Guild.